In the Community
- Created: Friday, 26 October 2012 15:42
Leavengood to speak at NBI CLE: FDCPA and Collecting the Judgment
Ian R. Leavengood, Managing Shareholder of Leavengood, Dauval & Boyle, P.A., has been asked to speak at two National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education for Professional Seminars in Tampa and Ft. Myers.
Mr. Leavengood's topics include Bankruptcy Implications on Collection Practices and Ethics. For a complete view of the entire CLE agenda and location, please visit the below sites:
Tampa (Wednesday, November 14, 2012)
Ft. Myers (Thursday, November 15, 2012)
The seminars focus on ensuring an individual is collecting legally and effectively.
- Avoid collection activities that violate the FDCPA and/or state laws.
- Learn best practices for discovering debtor assets both pre- and post-judgment.
- Recognize what provisional and final remedies are available to creditors to collect what is owed.
- Walk through the procedural steps for executing wage garnishments, judgment liens, attachments and other methods of collection.
- Know the creditor's rights when collecting debt and when the debtor files for bankruptcy.
- Remain up to date with the latest ethical considerations surrounding debt collection practices.
Who Should Attend?
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is primarily designed for attorneys and other legal professionals. Those who may also benefit from the collection techniques provided include: collection and loan officers, accounts receivable personnel, credit managers, bankers and controllers.
Mr. Leavengood's Course Content
Mr. Leavengood will be using his eight plus years -- and experience in thousands of consumer cases -- to discuss the following topics:
- Bankruptcy's Implications on Collection Practices
2:15 - 3:15, Written by Ian R. Leavengood. Presented by Ian R. Leavengood in Tampa and Fort Myers.
- Steps to Take in the Event of Bankruptcy
- How to Deal with the Automatic Stay
- Protecting Your Claim in Bankruptcy
- Dealing with Avoidance Actions
- Discharge and Dischargeability of Debts
3:30 - 4:30, Written by Ian R. Leavengood. Presented by Ian R. Leavengood in Tampa and Fort Myers.
- Candor with the Tribunal
- Dealing with Unrepresented Persons
- Unauthorized Practice of Law
For the entire agenda, please click here.
The cost for attending one of the aforementioned seminars is $349.00 ($439.00 for each additional applicant).
Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 7.00*
* denotes specialty credits